Join Missouri Sewing Machine CompanyTechnicians Team Back to Open Positions
Commercial Machine TechnicianDowntown: Kansas City, MO
General Job Description
We need people to service and repair commercial sewing machines. They need to be very mechanically inclined, and be a fast learner. We would like you to have experience with sewing machine or some kind of small appliance repair, but that is NOT a requirement. You will have paid on-the-job training, and work next to some of the best sewing machine mechanics in the world. You will need to be able to carry in all sorts of different sewing machines. Commercial machines are much heavier than household sewing machines. You will have to be able to move and carry sewing machines that can weigh a little heavier. Plus you may have to drive our company vehicles from one store to another and to our customers’ place of business to work.
What You’ll Do
- Cleaning and Servicing commercial sewing machines, sergers, and embroidery machines.
- Calling customers with estimates and explanations of what is wrong with their machine.
- Referencing and locating specific parts in parts books.
- Following instructions in a service manual.
- Calling and e-mailing customers when their repair is complete.
- Servicing machines in middle schools, high schools, and colleges.
- Delivering machines to and from all of our locations.
- Having proper phone etiquette when answering the phone and talking to customers.